Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Finally time to see the world

Parking                    ...$350
Room & board         ...$46,000
Medical care            ...$284,000
Bringing Hope home....priceless 



Today is the day I have waited for for the last 4 years - the day we finally get to bring our baby home and start our life as a family of 4 (can't forget Sanders!)



I knew over the weekend that today was likely our homecoming day and yesterday it was confirmed, as long as she gained weight overnight, but I didn't want to say it out loud for fear it wouldn't happen.  I have met so many disappointments on this long road, that I didn't want to get myself excited only to be disappointed.  I woke up this morning to the staff here weighing my sweet girl.  I was almost afraid to ask, but when I did, I learned she had gained 2g!  There is nothing keeping us here now and as I write this, I'm sitting in our room, looking out over Longwood medical area, BU, and cambridge, waiting for our discharge papers.  



Yesterday and today have been a parade of visitors, prepping us for discharge.   Genetics, nurses, Nutrition, feeding, doctors, Case Workers, etc.  



We are so excited to finally have her home and can't wait to keep everyone updated on her progress.  We really can't wait for everyone to meet her.  For now, what I'm really excited for is to not leave my house tomorrow.  

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!  

No comments:

Post a Comment