Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Taking it easy

This going to be a pretty boring post.  After last week's wild ups and downs, this week had been quiet and relaxing.  We flew into Ocean City on Saturday for our annual family week at the shore and are here until Friday afternoon.  Chris has been having fun taking the family up in the plane, while I have been enjoying relaxing on the beach.  I am now 22 weeks (I'll be 23 weeks tomorrow) and feeling pretty good.  Baby is moving around a fair amount and Chris finally was able to feel her move, though she is still pretty shy when a hand goes on the belly.  I'm getting more and more uncomfortable, especially when trying to sleep.  At my monthly appointment last week, my midwife said my belly was measuring on schedule and I am gaining weight at a good rate.  This past month I only gained 1/4 lb, which made me happy since I went out of the gate pretty quickly.  The heart rate sounded good and baby girl was moving all over the place.  My midwife said that other than her heart, everything was looking great!

I'm still keeping up with the physical activity and I even still fit in my wetsuit (sort of).  This is good, since the water temperature down in Ocean City has officially dipped below 60.  Here's a picture post swim from this past Sunday



Since we are on vacation in Ocean City this week, much of the week has been spent sleeping late and relaxing on the beach.  Somehow I am still tired all the time.  I guess that is the new normal.  This past week, she was as big as an eggplant.  She weighs about a pound.  We didn't bring our sign, so instead, I just took an eggplant to the beach for this week's picture. :). We just need to get through one more week, and we will officially be in he viability range, if she were to choose to come early, however, we'd really like for her to stay in there as long as possible and get big and strong so that she is ready for surgery.


In other news, I finally picked out the bedding for the nursery and ordered a rug to put in her room.  The colors will be coral / blue / turquoise / yellow.  Here are some photos of the bedding:


And the rug:


Baby girl is moving around right now and says hello!  Hope everyone is having a good week :)






No comments:

Post a Comment